Clear Energy Pty Ltd
Under this policy, we are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
”We”, “us” and “our” means Clear Energy Pty Ltd (ACN 129 057 030) of Level 32, Central Park, 152 St Georges Terrace, PERTH, WA 6000
You consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy. Terms used in this policy have the meaning given to them in the Privacy Act and the APPs.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is any information, or an opinion, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
- WHAT IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
Sensitive personal information includes information, or an opinion, about matters like your health, criminal history or racial or ethnic origin. In limited circumstances, we need to collect this information from you to assist you. We will not collect sensitive information about you unless you consent to the collection and the information is directly related to our activities.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD
3.1 We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you use our services or acquire our products call us or visit our website. The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of purchases and use of our services, or products and details of enquiries or complaints you make.
3.2 We may collect information about how you access, use, and interact with the website. We do this by using a range of tools such as Google analytics. This information may include:
– the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited; and
– technical data, which may include IP addresses, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system.
3.4 Links on our website may take you outside our network. These links are provided in good faith. However, we are not responsible for third party sites and accept no responsibility for the content, accuracy, security or function of third-party sites.
- WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
4.1 We collect, hold, and use your personal information so that we can:
– provide you with products and services, and manage our relationship with you, which may include us or our contractors supplying and installing solar PV systems and supplying or arranging the supply of electricity;
– contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we or our contractors need to tell you something important;
– comply with our legal obligations (including as a holder of a retail electricity licence) and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators;
– develop and improve our products and services;
– identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
– the operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have with us;
– carry out certain checks (for examples, for our fraud or theft prevention processes, if you wish to open an account with us, obtain credit from us or pick-up goods that have been ordered online);
– interact with companies or organisations with whom we have a business relationship with (where you work for such an organisation); and
– reconcile payments due to us from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers.
promote and market our services and products and the products and services of third parties;
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
5.1 We will collect personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us, our related bodies corporate, or our contractors, and may also include information from publicly available sources e.g. social media.
5.2 We may collect information from third parties such as credit reporting bodies, other credit providers, existing or previous supplier of goods or services, your bank and certain other businesses for the purposes of providing our products and services.
- HOW DO WE STORE AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
6.1 We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely.
6.2 We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These processes and systems include:
the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
– requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and ensuring they keep information secure; and
– monitoring and regularly reviewing our practises against our own policies and against industry best practice.
– we will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected, or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
- WHEN YOU APPLY FOR A JOB WITH US
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary for the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
- WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO, AND WHY?
8.1 We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our Related Bodies Corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
8.2 We may disclose personal information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us, or on our behalf.
8.3 We may also disclose your personal information to others outside our group of companies where:
– we are required or authorised by law to do so;
– you may have expressly consented to the disclosure, or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
– we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
– if the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
- DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OVERSEAS RECIPIENTS?
9.1 We may disclose your personal information to recipients which are located outside Australia.
9.2 Those recipients are likely to be located in the United States of America.
- DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING?
10.1 We will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners or our service providers.
10.2Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication.
- ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
11.1 You may access or request correction of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
11.2There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
11.3 We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate and up to date.
12.1 If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
12.2 We will consider your complaint carefully, and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
12.3 If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
- CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns, please contact us at:
Clear Energy Pty Ltd
Level 32, Central Park, 152 St Georges Terrace, PERTH WA 6000
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle personal information or the types of personal information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
- You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.-